Beauty, Lifestyle

Pretty In Pink: Valentines Inspired Nail Polish

With it being the month of love I thought it was only right to share something I love with you all, and that’s nail polish! I’m a little bit obsessed with buying nail polish and have grown quite the collection over the years. I very rarely get to paint my nails anymore as I don’t have the time nor the patience to wait for them to dry, but I do think we should pamper ourselves now and again and painting your nails is such an affordable way to do this. I recently found the prettiest pinks  in a well known high street store and thought Why not do a Valentines themed blog post? The colour is commonly associated with love, so I thought it was very fitting for a post around Valentines!

I started off by using Barry M All In One Base & Topcoat. I used this on both colours and this cost £2.99 which I think is a bargain as it’s also a nail hardener too. So you’re saving so much money not having to buy 3 separate items. I found that this dried really quickly which is a plus, and it’s also nice to put on your nails without a colour polish just to give them that little bit of shine.

Barry M / Scented Candy Culture Nail Paint – £3.99
The first polish I picked up was this really pretty pink pastel from Barry M. I was obviously first drawn to the colour as I don’t think you can go wrong with a pastel, but I then saw it was scented! This specific polish is Strawberry Laces, but you can also get Raspberry Sherbet, Coconut Cream and Blueberry Bonbon. If you’re going to get a nail polish purely for the name then this is the right collection for you! I was very surprised that once set, you can actually smell Strawberry Laces! It’s not the strongest of smells, but it definitely doesn’t have that strong nail polish smell that you usually get. I love the colour, consistency and will definitely be purchasing more.

L’Oreal Paris / Rue Cremieux 221 – £4.99
This is my favourite nail polish out of the two. I absolutely love the colour, it’s a deep pink which just looks gorgeous. The product information states ‘Intense, deep and captivating. A blend of precious oils and intense colour pigments for sophisticated, powerful results’ which I think fits the product perfectly. The colour is so rich and applies so easily due to the thick applicator, it also dried quickly too! I feel like the packaging is really luxurious aswell and looks so much more than £4.99! This polish also lasted SO long without chipping which is a huge bonus!

So that’s just two colours that I picked up and became obsessed with, I couldn’t help but put them in my basket. I would love to get some little love heart stickers or maybe some glitter next time! What’re you favourite nail polish brands or colours? I’d love to know!

Happy Reading!

Love Kirsty x

Share on
Previous Post Next Post

45 Comments

• Reply xhighlandbeauty

These are such lovely pink shades, perfect for valentines day! Love the idea of a scented nail polish!

Heather | http://www.xhighlandbeauty.co.uk

February 8, 2018 at 5:28 pm
    • Reply justkirstymaynard

Aw thankyou! Me too, I’ll definitely be purchasing more of those!

February 8, 2018 at 5:38 pm
  • Reply Jessica & James

Scented nail varnish!!! No way!! I love painting my nails when I have the chance and these colours are so pretty!

Jessica & James | http://www.foodandbaker.co.uk / http://www.foodandbakertravels.co.uk

February 8, 2018 at 5:42 pm
  • Reply Zara

Oh wow scented nail polishes are something I have never come across before, I will need to keep my eye out for them next time I’m shopping! Two really pretty colours! xo

February 11, 2018 at 8:09 pm
    • Reply justkirstymaynard

I know right! Neither had I, I can’t wait to try out the others! Thank you for your comment x

February 11, 2018 at 8:20 pm
  • Reply El

Such gorgeous colours! Definitely look like colours that I’d go for, and scented?!?!? I’m here for it!! x

El @ Exclusory 💕

February 11, 2018 at 8:11 pm
    • Reply justkirstymaynard

Tell me about it! What more could you possibly want from a nail polish! Thanks for your comment! x

February 11, 2018 at 8:26 pm
  • Reply pinkiebag

Hi, such pretty pink shades interesting that one is scented.

February 11, 2018 at 8:17 pm
  • Reply Charlotte

So intrigued by scented nail varnish. I normally get shellac or my go to brand is essie but I’m tempted to try it!!

February 11, 2018 at 8:17 pm
    • Reply justkirstymaynard

Oh I do love shellac! I’ve never actually tried essie before but I’ve heard good things!

February 11, 2018 at 8:49 pm
  • Reply Katie Henry

I love pink nail varnish, I wear it all year and love these so thanks for sharing x

February 11, 2018 at 8:19 pm
    • Reply justkirstymaynard

Me too, definitely not just for Valentines haha! But they definitely fit in with the Valentines theme! x

February 11, 2018 at 8:37 pm
  • Reply glowsteady

I love how luxe the loreal packaging is! I don’t think I’ve ever used a loreal polish before but those colours are so lovely for valentine’s x

Sophie

February 11, 2018 at 8:21 pm
    • Reply justkirstymaynard

I know its so pretty! It honestly looks like such a high end nail polish, you wouldn’t think it was so cheap! x

February 11, 2018 at 8:32 pm
  • Reply Corinne and Kirsty

I love these shades. The L’Oréal one is my fav! I have quite a few of their nail polishes! xx corinne

February 11, 2018 at 8:30 pm
    • Reply justkirstymaynard

Ooh really!! I’d love to know what other shades you have, I really want to get some more! x

February 11, 2018 at 8:40 pm
  • Reply Annie

I love both shades of pink but I especially like the pastel! I’ll probably be painting my nails a similar colour for Valentines Day! Scented nail polish sounds amazing! Such a cool idea!

February 11, 2018 at 8:37 pm
    • Reply justkirstymaynard

You cant go wrong with a pink polish around Valentines haha! Thank you for your comment x

February 11, 2018 at 8:53 pm
  • Reply The diary of Ellie

I have the l’oreal range of nail varnishes and they’re so good and then the scented barrym one is amazing like im amazed at how it actually is scented!

February 11, 2018 at 8:37 pm
    • Reply justkirstymaynard

Oh really! Do you have any particular favourite colours? I’d love to buy some more! And I know right, it actually smells like strawberry laces! x

February 11, 2018 at 8:44 pm
      • Reply The diary of Ellie

I have one of the purple ones, not sure of the shade! But i really want more!x

February 11, 2018 at 8:51 pm
  • Reply Creative Nails

Love the colours of the nail varnish – they are so pretty! I’ve seen that Barry M one before and wondered what it was like as it was scented haha

Amy,

February 11, 2018 at 8:44 pm
    • Reply justkirstymaynard

They’re so pretty aren’t they! It honestly does smell like Strawberry Laces, you’ll have to try it out! x

February 11, 2018 at 8:58 pm
  • Reply withanoceanviewblog

Oooh these shades look lovely, I love wearing pink nail varnish my favourite shades are pastel colours. Great post

February 11, 2018 at 8:49 pm
  • Reply Another Little Birdie

Awesome colors!! My nails have been really weird and brittle but I still love a good nail polish!! I’ve got a shiny golden one that I love, but pinks are a classic and I always find them super cute on.

Great post Kirsty!! 🙂

February 11, 2018 at 8:55 pm
    • Reply justkirstymaynard

Aw thank you so much for your comment! Pinks are definitely a classic! You should try the clear hardener as that might strengthen your nails! xx

February 11, 2018 at 9:03 pm
  • Reply molliewesthead

Love this post these are such gorgeous pink shades, I love that Barry M one and it’s so cool that it’s scented, they’re perfect for Valentine’s Day! X

February 11, 2018 at 9:03 pm
  • Reply Sophie

I always love painting my nails, I wasn’t allowed to have nail polish on in high school though because they had strict rules! But now I do it all the time! It’s fun but I totally get you when you say you don’t have the patience to wait until they dry hahah. Gorgeous colours you’ve picked out!

-Sophie xx

February 11, 2018 at 9:16 pm
    • Reply justkirstymaynard

Aww thankyou so much for your comment! I wasn’t allowed in high school either, although I did cheekily have some on now and again haha! xx

February 11, 2018 at 9:26 pm
  • Reply sophieheartsnet

omg I love scented nail polishes! I have a few Revlon ones but definitely need some more! These are gorgeous shades too- https://sophiehearts.net x

February 11, 2018 at 9:30 pm
    • Reply justkirstymaynard

This is the first time I’d tried one! I thought it was so cool, thankyou for your comment! x

February 11, 2018 at 9:36 pm
  • Reply Jessicα 🍒 (@xJessBarker)

I’m not lucky enough to be able to wear nail polish any more as my son just eats it off when he’s munching on my fingers 🙁 haha! But I love the sound of scented ones. These colours are all gorgeous too, great post 🙂

Jessica xo | jessinwonderlandx.blogspot.co.uk

February 11, 2018 at 9:45 pm
    • Reply justkirstymaynard

Oh really haha! Aw, that’s a shame. The colours are very pretty aren’t they! Thankyou for your comment x

February 11, 2018 at 9:51 pm
  • Reply bbbryony

these colours are so gorgeous, scented too that sounds so good z

February 11, 2018 at 10:04 pm
  • Reply Chloe

Love that beautiful baby pink colour!! Can’t wait to get my nails done soon, it’s been too long!

February 11, 2018 at 10:49 pm
    • Reply justkirstymaynard

It’s lovely isn’t it! I love getting my nails done, you’ll have to let me know what colour you pick, I always find that part such a hard decision!

February 11, 2018 at 10:53 pm
  • Reply Nyobie

I love the idea that nail polish is scented instead of that usual, horrible smell that drives my whole family away.

February 12, 2018 at 3:09 am
  • Reply 🌸 AlishaValerie. (@AlishaValerie)

The Barry M Cosmetics nail polish looks so gorgeous, I want to get my hands on it and try it myself. Thank you for sharing 🌸✨

With love, Alisha Valerie x | http://www.alishavalerie.com